Babysitting & First Aid for Teenagers
First Aid courses
Babysitting & First Aid course for Teenagers
Babysitting is a fascinating and at the same time demanding experience for teenagers. Demanding because babysitters must know the basics of childcare in order to be able to carry out the at times challenging task of babysitting responsibly and safely.
In my babysitting course, I prepare young people between the ages of 12 and 16 for the responsible task of looking after somebody else’s children. Teenagers will learn to be responsible and knowledgeable about children and caring. Many parents look for this sign of quality in their future babysitter. Local Swiss authorities require the successful participation in this course as a prerequisite for placements.
Are you interested in becoming a babysitter?
Do you like children and enjoy and are able to deal with them? As a babysitter, you enable parents to do something without their children while knowing that you keep their children safe. And at the same time, you can earn pocket money as a babysitter.
Why attend a Babysitting course?
A good babysitting course imparts the knowledge for dealing with babies and small children and is an important first step on the way to becoming a responsible babysitter. Attending a babysitting course also means that you gain know-how, you have are better prepared for your job and you can be more relaxed about your first assignment as a babysitter.
What do you learn in the Babysitting & First Aid course?
On Day 1 of my babysitting course, you learn
- about the different developmental stages children go through to understand the needs of children of different ages
- how to keep a child safe
- how to care, entertain and play with an infant and child
- how to properly hold and pick up a baby
- dressing and diaper changing in babies using baby dolls
- how to prepare a baby bottle
- age-appropriate game ideas for children to counteract boredom
During Day 2 of the course you will learn basic first aid and life-saving skills, including
- how to recognise choking
- what to do if a baby or a child falls unconscious
- what to do if a baby or a child has a fever (and how to measure it)
- how to react if a baby or a child has a seizure
- how to take care of basic wounds and bleeding
This course is recommended for teenagers between 12 and 16 years of age but older teenagers may also join.
Register for the course here, limited places available!
First aid course fee
The course fee is CHF 210 per teenager and includes a babysitting, first aid and activity course folder, a small first aid kit and a babysitting bag. Payment will be due in cash on the first course day.
First Aid courses in Zürich
Neue Dorfstrasse 27, 8135 Langnau am Albis, ZH
First Aid courses dates 2023
Sunday, January 15, 2023
, 9 until 15.30 o’clock &
Sunday, January 22, 2023
, 9 until 15.30 o’clock